Please read the following information before you proceed with your application.
You are likely to qualify for FairShare if you:
- do not own a home in the UK or abroad
- do not own a share of a home or property in the UK or abroad
- are applying to buy a new-build property with a full purchase price not normally exceeding £160,000
- cannot afford to buy a 100% share of a home suited to your needs within a reasonable distance of your place of work
- cannot afford to rent appropriate accommodation on the open market within a reasonable distance of your place of work
- are eligible to obtain a mortgage for at least 50% of the full purchase price
- can show that you can afford to buy a minimum 50% share of and run the property by providing details of your income and credit history
- are an individual applicant with a gross income which when multiplied by 4 is greater than the amount of the mortgage being sought;
are joint applicants with a combined gross income which when multiplied by 3.5 is greater than the amount of the mortgage being sought
Other restrictions may apply at time of purchase.
Your status and financial documentation
For your application you will be asked for details about the following:
- Your address details for last 3 years
- Your residential status
- Your financial status
- Details of your employment and income
- Details of your deposit and monthly budgeting
- If you have all the required information to hand, your application will take around 15 minutes to complete. Completed information will be saved at each step. You can log out and return at anytime.